Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
2 Day Dive Trip - MV Kangaroo Explorer (qualified divers only)
- Included in price:
- 6 DIVES Dive Computers Included Twin and double cabins at no extra charge (subject to availability)
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Guided Dive
- What to bring:
- Livaboard Trip Check List: -Pack light -Bathers / swim wear -2x Towels -Toiletries. -Socks if you don’t have heeled fins as they prevent blisters. -Sunscreen. -Warm top. -Sun glasses. -Camera. -Extra money or a credit card for drinks. -Disposables cameras are only good for snorkelling. Digital cameras on board for hire from $35.00 for two dives including the film. -Seasickness: Ginger tablets or kwells. Take before going on board the boat. Can be purchased at any pharmacy or on the boat at a cost of $3 for 2. -Leave backpacks in storage at hostel or hotel. The packs are too big to go out on the boats. We can arrange storage for your large bags for your stay with us for $10 -Don’t take any bedding.
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:30 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- The MV Reef-Kist departs daily from the Marlin Marina - E Finger. The departure time is 7am meet at the boat, for a 7:30 departure. Self drive please be at CDC Shop (121 Abbott St) by 7am. We do complimentary pick ups within the CBD area but outlying areas and the Northern Beaches there is a $20 return transfer fee, payable direct to the driver. Please add your accommodation in the space provided on the booking form and state that you would like a transfer in the comments section. Please confirm booking and hotel transfers prior to day of travel using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation.
- 2 Days
- Approximate Return Time:
MV Kangaroo Explorer - 6 DIVES
The M.V. Kangaroo Explorer is a modern 25 metre catamaran specifically designed for Queensland coastal cruising. Each of our 16 cabins (twin, double and 4-berth) is fully air-conditioned, carpeted, has its own en-suite facilities and port hole or window. On the main deck there is a spacious saloon served by a top class galley and a well stocked bar. The top deck offers an enclosed air-conditioned sun lounge as well as an open and shaded sun-deck. There is a library situated in the sun lounge for your convenience. The Kangaroo Explorer is equipped with a spacious dive deck providing easy access to and from the water.
This is a unique opportunity to cruise and scuba dive through The Great Barrier Reef, one of the world's great natural wonders, in style and comfort. Start the day with a leisurely breakfast then relax on the sun-deck between dives and let the world drift slowly by enjoying the remoteness of you location. As dusk settles, get ready for a possible night dive. Our chef will tantalise your taste buds with excellent meals freshly prepared on the boat. Most dietary requirements are catered for.
LIVEBOARD DIVING - 6 CERTIFIED DIVES
This is diving at it's best! Using state of the art dive equipment, explore some of the best dive sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. You will see a vast array of hard and soft corals, great drop-offs, exciting walls and swim thrus. Experience the unbelievable thrill of NIGHT DIVING on the Great Barrier Reef, guide recommended (extra cost). Your trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef will take you to some of the best dive sites available off Cairns - Moore, Milln, Briggs, Thetford, Sudbury, Channel and Elford Reefs. The reefs are 66 kilometres from Cairns and are selected for their diversity and splendour. See beautiful coral gardens, amazing array of marine life, swim thru's exciting walls and drop-offs.
Reef, Port and Fuel Levy charges are $40AU per person.